ACCUPLACER for Employment in Law Enforcement
We administer ACCUPLACER to individuals applying for jobs in corrections, police departments, fire departments, etc. The tests given are reading, writing, and arithmetic.
Scores: Your score report will be provided to you after testing. You can also obtain your score report from the Student Portal on the ACCUPLACER web page.
Test preparation: Please visit the ACCUPLACER web page to prepare for the test.
Payment: $40. Payment is made online when you schedule your appointment.
ID requirements: You must present an unexpired government-issued photo ID with signature--driver's license, passport, military ID, state ID.
Other required items to bring to your appointment: You are required to bring your own face mask and wear it at all times while in the Testing Center.
To schedule your appointment, click here and then select ACCUPLACER, ACCUPLACER for Employment in Law Enforcement from the dropdown menus.
Please note: Because we are not currently conducting in-person testing, we have made ACCUPLACER
available to you via a secure remote online proctor service called Examity. Examity
allows you to test 24/7/365.
You must meet the following technology requirements to test with Examity:
- Tests with Examity can only be administered on a desktop computer or laptop (Chromebook, tablets, and smartphones are not allowed)
- Your device must have a webcam and microphone (built-in or external)
- Connection to network with sufficient internet speed: at least 2 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload
- Operating systems: Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer
- Browser with pop-up blocker disabled: Google Chrome v47 or later, Mozilla Firefox v41 or later, Internet Explorer v10 or later, Microsoft Edge v12 or later, Apple Safari v6 or later
Click here for more details on testing with Examity.
If you meet these requirements and would like to test with Examity, click here to complete the remote testing registration form and make the test payment. We will then issue you a voucher to test via Examity, which will charge you $25.