The CSU Testing Center is a nationally certified test center that provides institutional testing, professional certification and licensure tests, other academic tests, and test administration services for current and prospective CSU students, students of other educational institutions, and the community at large. The Testing Center adheres to the Professional Standards and Guidelines for Post-Secondary Test Centers, as adopted by the National College Testing Association (NCTA), to the best of its ability.
The Testing Center also operates a Prometric Testing Center, which delivers academic and professional licensing and certification exams such as the GRE, CPA, MCAT, and FINRA exams, among many others.
Tests we administer at the CSU Testing Center:
- Admission Assessment Test (for admission to CSU's School of Nursing)
- COMPASS for admission to CSU (includes COMPASS Reading, Writing, Math)
- Information Literacy Skills (Plagiarism) Test (for transfer students)
- Institutional SAT (ISAT)
- Math Placement Test (this is NOT the COMPASS Math test)
- Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency (MTELP)
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Proctored Exams
- Outcomes Assessment (for graduating seniors)
- RN-BSN Mobility Exam (for entrance in online RN-BSN program)
- U.S. and Georgia Histories and Constitutions Proficiency Tests (for transfer students)
The Testing Center can proctor exams for CSU students enrolled in online courses, including eCore courses; students attending other universities or schools; and professionals seeking licensure or certification. Click here for more information and to schedule an appointment.
Tests we administer at the Prometric Testing Center
Our Prometric Academic, Professional and Corporate Testing Center delivers many of the world's most highly regarded and highest stakes exams for academic, government, healthcare, financial, associations and professional certification and licensure organizations. A few of the tests administered or clients represented (sponsors) are:
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Green Building Certification Institute (LEED)
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- National Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
- As well as many others
Register directly with the professional association, the testing company, or through Prometric Registration.
Our Testing Center is an IQT Preferred Testing Center and is also part of the Kryterion worldwide network of test centers. Through these companies, we deliver high-stakes, secured, online testing for industrial, medical and professional certification and licensure.
National Saturday tests we administer:
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)
- Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES)
Other popular tests that are not administered at CSU:
Columbus State University provides a wide array of test preparation options. Students can buy books from the Campus Bookstore. In addition, test takers can contact the Department of Continuing Education directly or visit the test's website.
Did you know?
As a participant, we make test administration services available to students of other educational institutions who are away from their campuses.
The Testing Center adheres to the Professional Standards and Guidelines for Post-Secondary Test Centers, as adopted by the National College Testing Associations (NCTA), to the best of its ability.