The CSU Testing Center is a nationally certified test center that provides institutional testing, professional certification and licensure tests, other academic tests, and test administration services for current and prospective CSU students, students of other educational institutions, and the community at large. The Testing Center adheres to the Professional Standards and Guidelines for Post-Secondary Test Centers, as adopted by the National College Testing Association (NCTA), to the best of its ability.
The Testing Center also operates a Prometric Testing Center, which delivers academic and professional licensing and certification exams such as the GRE, CPA, MCAT, and FINRA exams, among many others. To register for Prometric exams, go to www.prometric.com.
If you have any questions about the tests and services we provide, please feel free to call or email us.
Tests administered by the CSU Testing Center
Click on a test or service for information and to schedule an appointment.
- RN Admission Assessment (for admission to CSU's School of Nursing)
- ACT-Residual for admission to CSU
ACCUPLACER for admission to CSU
- The ACCUPLACER can include Math, Reading, and Writing.
- ACCUPLACER for employment in police departments, fire departments, corrections, etc.
- ACCUPLACER for students applying to other colleges and universities
- ACCUPLACER for the PMP program in CSU's Command College
- Dual Enrollment Testing for Fall 2019 admission
- eCore Exams
- GACE (teacher certification)
- GACE (paraprofessional assessment)
- HESI RN Admission Assessment (for admission to CSU's School of Nursing)
- HESI RN-BSN Mobility Exam (for admission to CSU's online RN-BSN program)
The Math Placement Test
- The Math Placement Test is only for students who have been accepted at CSU and need placement into Area A math. If you've been asked to take ACCUPLACER math, you will click on the link for ACCUPLACER for admission to CSU.
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Parapro Assessment (GACE)
- Proctored Exams for CSU's online courses
- Proctored Exams for other colleges, universities, associations
- Residual ACT for admission to CSU
- Outcomes Assessment (for graduating students in their final semester)
- RN-BSN Mobility Exam (for admission to CSU's online RN-BSN program)
- U.S. and Georgia Histories and Constitutions Proficiency Tests (for CSU students)
Do you need a test for CSU but live outside the Columbus area? Click here for information on how you might be able to test remotely at a location near you.
Tests we administer at the Prometric Testing Center:
Our Prometric Academic, Professional and Corporate Testing Center delivers many of the world's most highly regarded and highest stakes exams for academic, government, healthcare, financial, associations and professional certification and licensure organizations. A few of the tests administered or clients represented (sponsors) are:
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Green Building Certification Institute (LEED)
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- National Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
- As well as many others
Register directly with the professional association, the testing company, or through Prometric Registration.
Our Testing Center is an IQT Preferred Testing Center and is also part of the Kryterion worldwide network of test centers. Through these companies, we deliver high-stakes, secured, online testing for industrial, medical and professional certification and licensure.
National Saturday tests that are held at CSU:
Other popular tests that are not administered at CSU. Click on the name for information.
Columbus State University provides a wide array of test preparation options. Students can buy books from the Campus Bookstore. In addition, test takers can contact the Department of Continuing and Professional Education directly or visit the test's website.