Language Testing International (LTI)
Language Testing International (LTI) administers hundreds of thousands of tests in over 120 languages for a broad range of academic needs, including entrance, placement, and graduation requirements; program evaluation; credentialing of teachers and language professionals; and other situations specific to the needs of institutions of higher education.
The Department of Modern and Classical Languages at Columbus State University will accept credit for these exams with prior approval.
Eligibility: CSU students seeking foreign language credit must be advised by the Department of Modern & Classical Languages before purchasing and scheduling an LTI exam.
Retest restrictions: A 90 day waiting period is required between attempts.
Identification: You must present an unexpired government-issued photo ID with signature--driver's license, passport, military ID, state ID.
Other requirements: Details about the tests and how they are scored are provided in the attached documents. Please read these before proceeding to purchase an exam and scheduling an appointment.
Administrative Cost: $30 per test, payable to CSU online at time of registration.
Exam Cost: Varies, and is paid to LTI
Instructions for Purchasing and Scheduling your exam:
Taking a language test through LTI (Language Testing International) requires you to purchase the exam from LTI, and then schedule your appointment to take the test at the CSU Testing Center.
To take a Writing, Reading, or Listening proficiency test, please do the following:
1. Purchase your exam from LTI:
a) At www.languagetesting.com, click on "Search for your institution..." in the top right corner
b) Select "No" for teacher certification
c) Enter Columbus State University in the search box
d) Select the language in which you would like to test
e) Select your test by clicking Select, and then Continue at the bottom
f) Under Select Proctor Location, next to Columbus State University (GA), click on "view contact and pricing information"
g) Read this page for cost and scheduling information
h) Then select Columbus State University as your proctor
i) You will now be asked to enter two dates and times. If you are taking a Listening, Reading, or Writing test, you can enter any dates, as this is not how you will schedule your testing appointment.
j) Then you will complete the process by paying for your exam.
2. Now you will schedule your appointment to take the test:
To take an Oral Proficiency test (speaking):
1. Contact Dr. Hassenplug, Senior Director of the Testing Center, at 706-507-8020, to discuss possible testing dates and times that are least 10 days in advance. After you have agreed on dates and times, follow this procedure:
2. Purchase your exam from LTI:
• At www.languagetesting.com, click on "Search for your institution..." in the top right corner
• Select "No" for teacher certification
• Enter Columbus State University in the search box
• Select the language in which you would like to test
• Select your test, Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) via telephone, by clicking Select, and then Continue at the bottom
• Under Select Proctor Location, select Columbus State University as your proctor
• You will now be asked to enter the two dates and times.
• Then you will complete the process by paying for your exam.
You will be notified by LTI of which date and time was approved. When you arrive at the CSU Testing Center for this appointment, you will bring in the $30 payment.